Healthy Diet (Fish)
Fish is a high-quality protein with low-fat content. The fish is high in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins D and B2. Calcium and phosphorus are plentiful, while mineral sources such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium are also rich in fish. The American Heart Association suggests eating fish at least twice a week as part of a balanced diet. Fish is high in protein, vitamins, and minerals, which lower blood pressure and lessen the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
Benefits of Eating Fish
Eating fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients help to keep the heart and brain health. Two omega-3 fatty acids found in fish are EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Because our bodies do not generate omega-3 fatty acids, we must obtain them from the food we consume. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in many types of fish, but especially in fatty fish. Salmon, trout, sardines, herons, canned cups, light canned tuna, and oysters are all good choices.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
- Help prevent heart disease by lowering the chances of sudden death, heart attack, irregular heartbeat, and stroke.
- Throughout pregnancy, support for healthy brain function, childhood vision, and nerve growth is provided.
- Depression, ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and diabetes may be reduced.
- It can reduce the risk of arthritis by preventing inflammation.
fish sandwich recipe (Tuna fish)
Calories from tuna
- 191 calories
- 1.4g fat
- Sodium content: 83mg
- 0g Carbohydrates
- 0g fiber
- 0g sugar
- 42g protein
Nutrition (1 sandwich) 570 Calories- 36 Fat (g), 95 Cholesterol (mg) ,1360 Sodium(mg), 27 Carbohydrates (g), 3 Dietary Fiber, 34 Protein(g)
Ingredients (15 min-Prep Time, 15 min-Total Time, 4-Sandwiches)
- 2 cans (6 oz.) chunk tuna in water, drained
- a half-cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced onion
- 1 tbsp sweet and sour pickle relish
- 8 (3/4-ounce) cheese slices
- 8 whole-wheat bread slices
How to work
- STEP 1 Place tuna in a bowl and flake with a fork. 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, onion relish, and pickle relish
- STEP 2 Spread 2 tablespoons mayonnaise equally on one side of each bread piece.
- STEP 3 Arrange 1 slice of bread, mayonnaise-side up, on a cutting board. 1 slice cheese on top Spread 1/4 cup tuna mixture equally over the cheese. 1 slice cheese over tuna mixture; 1 slice bread, mayonnaise side down, on top.